Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Precious Memory

I came across this beautiful fall sight at Brookwood Mall today in Homewood. It was a lovely arbor full of these red, yellow and green leaves. Each leaf has a memory shared on it about a time with a loved one who has Alzheimer's Disease. It is Alzheimer's awareness month and I became very aware after seeing this beautiful and touching sight and reading the accompanying informational card saying the arbor represents some of the 91,000 people who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's in ALABAMA. My dear, wonderful, gorgeous grandmother, Helen Jones was one of them. I miss you and missed getting to know you better because of this disease but thank you for all the beautiful memories and things you left for me to remember you by!

No comments:

Post a Comment